Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Discontinuation of "Newsletter" publication

Note to class-members:

1. After the February 2013 issue, I have stopped publishing the Newsletter; it's too taxing to a senior's intellect and to a retiree's lean wallet.
2. In the January 2013 issue, I've listed $227.94 as my deficit in the Newsletter's cost of publication.
3. On reading it, Mr. O'Reilly (husband of Class 57 member Josefa Olegario - the couple lives in Australia) insisted on covering up the deficit and had his wife send me the amount of $228.-. (Bless your heart, Mr. O'Reilly!)
4. The O'Reillys' $228.- donation more than covered up my expenses in buying a new printer, printing paraphernalia and mailing postage.
5. Donations to the Newsletter received after its discontinuation (e.g., Estrella Velasco - $20, see photo below) will be used to pay for Google's storage fee in maintaining this blogspot. Meantime, I thank all those who turned in their donations in the past, either by cash or in kind (stamps).
6. During the Newsletter publication's lifetime (1st issue came out in March 2010) I received only very few feedback which made me feel my literary effort was largely unappreciated. Just the same, I enjoyed publishing it and was happy to have given a bit of entertainment to those who cared to read it.
.....Roger M
R to L: Roger M, late Estrella Rosario-Velasco, Lily Villanueva, etc. Photo taken on Dec. 10, 2011 during a Mangataremians' Christmas Party at Fil and Josie Olegario's house in Henderson, NV. It was during this occasion when Estrella pledged to donate something for Roger M's 'home-published' Newsletter which money the latter received a few weeks before the former died.



No comments:

Post a Comment